The University of Leeds is hosting a four day residential school as part of the A-CINCH project in conjunction with some 18 European partners. The school is designed to give young people a taste of working in the fields of nuclear and radiochemistry. Students will stay four nights at the University if Leeds' halls of residence, Devonshire Hall, Cumberland Rd, Headingley, Leeds LS6 2EQ. Catering is fully provided, including one evening meal at a local restaurant. Also included:
- Lab-based and VR activities including nuclear energy, nuclear waste, nuclear forensics, environmental monitoring and nuclear medicine
- A tour of the radiochemistry lab at the University of Leeds
- Panel discussion event with recent graduates in the field
- Career presentations from academics and industry experts
- Group assignments with prizes for outstanding work
- Site visit to Springfields Fuels Ltd and the National Nuclear Laboratories (NNL) facilities at Preston, UK
The cost of the school is fully funded; participants are simply asked to cover the cost of their travel to and from Leeds at the start and end of the school.
Deadline for registration is 31/05/22.
Visit this link for more details and how to apply.