Aspire to Engineer: The Renewables Challenge is an annual UK-wide schools STEM challenge running for the Summer Term and Summer Holidays in 2021. It is aimed at key stage 2 and key stage 3 students, but everyone is welcome!
A partnership between Big Ideas and the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851, Aspire to Engineer introduces students to the amazing world of engineering and inspires them to explore the contributions engineers make to our lives through creative presentations. This year’s theme is Renewable Energy.
How to take part
- Discover: Pupils research Engineering Renewables using our free Aspire to Engineer resources which profile 3 amazing engineers who work in this field
- Respond: Pupils create exciting and original presentations to inspire their classmates/ wider school community
- Enter: Submit a short video to win amazing prizes!
The winning school
- Your pupil’s work will be displayed for the Great Exhibition Road Festival in October 2021
- Your school will receive a travel expenses [up to £2000] to visit the Great Exhibition Road Festival in person where your trophy will be presented to you at a special ceremony
- The winning school will receive an exclusive guided tour of Albertopolis, the home of some of the UK’s most famous cultural institutions including the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Victoria & Albert Museum and many more!
Three runner up schools
- Your school will receive a special online video call with a world-class ‘Aspire to Engineer’ engineer who is at the forefront of innovation in their field.
- 12 outstanding projects will win £50 book tokens (including the 4 winners)
Aspire to Engineer... and you could save the world!
Sign up now! Visit: https://bit.ly/3igZ5ed
Deadline: 17th September 2021