The 2022 Science in Schools grant scheme is now open. The deadline for applications is midnight on Tuesday 31 May.
Ri Science in Schools grants are awarded annually and offer free visits from our professional presenters worth £800.
Our Science in Schools days are designed to support children’s science education, meet CPD requirements for teachers, engage families, and raise funds for your school.
Visits funded by the 2022 Ri Science in Schools grant scheme need to take place between 1 October 2022 and 30 September 2023.
This scheme is generously supported by the Gillespie Endowment, Bain Capital, The Kusuma Trust, Clothworkers' Foundation, and the JS Cohen Foundation.
About Royal Institution Science in Schools days
We are the largest national provider of school science shows in the UK and have a 200-year pedigree of public engagement. A bespoke Science in Schools package from the Royal Institution includes:
- Two performances of a science show for your students, designed to support the curriculum at KS1, KS2 or KS3
- A CPD session for teachers, using interactive demonstrations to build the skills and confidence to inspire children with practical science
- An after school or evening community show for a family audience, to generate support for science in the home. The community show can also be ticketed to raise funds for future activities at your school
Learn more about our Science in Schools days
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply for a fully funded school visit, you need to be:
- From a state-funded primary or secondary school, academy, or maintained school in the UK (shows can be adapted for ages 4–7, 7–11, or 11–14)
- A member of school staff who is involved in teaching a STEM subject in the school, or able to provide a direct contact at the school you are applying on behalf of
- Able to demonstrate that your students would not otherwise have access to this opportunity
Our assessment process gives priority to disadvantaged schools.
To find out more, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.