ITS SUMMER COMPETITION TIME!
Capturing Summer STEM in Action!
Objective: The objective of the photo competition is to encourage participants to explore and document the fascinating world of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) during the summer season. Through captivating photographs, the competition aims to showcase the beauty, diversity, and real-world applications of STEM subjects. (e.g. forces interacting on the Golden Gate Bridge - attached)
- The competition is open to all members of the STEM Community aged over 18.
- Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to participate
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize.
- The theme of the competition is "Summer STEM in Action."
- Participants should capture images that portray STEM subjects in an engaging and visually appealing manner.
- Photos can showcase any aspect of STEM, such as nature, technology, experiments, architecture, astronomy, and more.
- Participants can submit a maximum of three photographs.
- Photos must be in digital format (JPEG or PNG) and high resolution.
- Each submission should be accompanied by a brief description (up to 100 words) explaining the STEM subject depicted in the photo.
- The photo must be submitted by the photographer [or, if submitting on behalf of someone else, you must have their permission to do so, fully credit them, and clearly state that you are entering the competition on their behalf].
Participants should submit their entries by replying to this thread in the Careers Clubs and Cross Curricular group: https://community.stem.org.uk/discussion/competition-capturing-summer-stem-in-action#bme4fe7eaa-d80a-4f8e-8cdd-8d75006faa9c
- Creativity and originality in interpreting the theme.
- Visual impact and composition.
- Relevance and significance of the STEM subject portrayed.
- The overall impression and storytelling of the image.
- First Place: 2-night stay for 2 in York*, this can be a weekend or weekday, term time or holiday, double room or 2 singles (date subject to availability) + SWAG Bag
- Second Place: £50 Voucher (National Book Token) + SWAG Bag
- Third Place: £25 Voucher (National Book Token) + SWAG Bag
- Honourable Mentions: Notepad and recognition on the competition website and social media platforms.
- Competition Start Date: 3rd July 2023
- Submission Deadline: 5th September 2023
- Winners Announcement: Winners will be notified by a message on the STEM Community week beginning 4th Sept 2023. A follow up blog will be released on 8th September 2023
Rights and Usage:
- By participating in the competition, participants grant STEM Learning a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use the submitted photographs for promotional purposes, crediting the photographer appropriately.
- You must have the permission of any people appearing in your entry to include their image.
General legal information:
The competition is run by STEM Learning Limited (company number 05081097).
We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
The winner accepts and agrees that:
- the prize must be taken as stated, it is non-transferable, and cannot be deferred, exchanged, or redeemed for its value.
- no alternate to the prize will be available.
- Our decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- If an act, omission, event, or circumstance occurs which are beyond our reasonable control and which prevents us from complying with these terms and conditions, we will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing our obligation.
- We do not accept responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed, or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes.
- We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
*Accommodation at Franklin House https://www.stem.org.uk/about-us/venue-hire/franklin-house breakfast not included.